× News about Aircrafts and Vehilces... real News ;)

United States MArine Corps New Shit

More
4 years 7 months ago #45122 by TankHunterCobra
well everyoneshating on F-35s "F-22s should be the replacement"........ NO NO NO, no one seems to realized the F-22 is specificly Air Superiority Fighter/Bomber.

while the F-35 is multi-purpose, while single engines are cheaper. & have more capabilities.

the F-22 is a bit bigger then the Navys typcal fighter, it also lacks foldwings & tailhooks for catapult launches & carrier space. & since USMC requires more multi-purpose aircraft. that & USMC uses lots of VTOL aircraft.

while the AH-1Z & UH-1Y are new, the UH-1 has evolved from a light transport helicopter to a medium-lift utility helicopter.
& the AH-1Z has evolved from a Light attack helicopter to a medium attack gunship.

& while V-22s are primaraly a heavy-lift transport VTOL aircraft. people have had ideas of gunships, but armed variants do exist. like the US Navys SV-22 which has simalar weaponry to the SH-60, like torpedos & anti-ship missiles. while in CTOL mode it will launch the torpedo similar to a WW2 fighter.

the CH-46 however is being replaced by V-22s & CH-53Ds are being replaced by CH-53Ks.

& while chinas continuing to knockoff other designs.
List:
J-31 - F-35+F-22
J-10 - F-16/Typhoon
J-15 - Su-37 Flanker
Z-20 - UH-60 Blackhawk
Z-15 - Mi-8 Hip
Type 99 - T-90+Mini Leopard Turret
Type 98 - T-72+Mini Abrams Turret
Etc.
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 7 months ago #45125 by Prototype
The F-35 is getting criticised primarily because of it's reliability rather than it's capabilities.

Stephen King wrote: “Don't ask me silly questions
I won't play silly games
I'm just a simple choo choo train
And I'll always be the same"

More
4 years 7 months ago #45127 by Vampyro
[quote1413508886=Prototype]
The F-35 is getting criticised primarily because of it's reliability rather than it's capabilities.
[/quote1413508886]

F-35 is now going to replace A-10, which leads me to think, what will become of the GAU-8? Will the GAU-8 be posted on Mk 15 Phalanxes, or will wither out and die like the 1800's Minigun?
More
4 years 7 months ago #45135 by TheOrion
F-35 replacing A-10? Not gonna happen.

On a Site Note, Most modern/late cold war era fighter planes have tailhooks. Simply for emergency/short landings on airbases wich had simmilar ropes to carriers on the runways. F22 is One of These examples.

MVP Ostwind
More
4 years 7 months ago #45136 by ODSTCracknell
[quote1413519533=Jed]
you guys know im talking the real shit. not models. -.- this is actual news for the United States Marine Corps. not flans mod thats why its in aircraft news
[/quote1413519533]
My bad lol, its been awhile and I didn't read into the thread enough.
More
4 years 7 months ago #45141 by Jedwards98YT
vamp marines dont have a-10s i thought they did but their just airforce the f-35 is already used in small numbers the harrier is the usmc main jet. but a-10s are just USAF

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu