× News about Aircrafts and Vehilces... real News ;)

The way to make the vehicles solid!!

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #74210 by olmocapWOT
Some days ago I watched a minecraft video in wich using commands they made a stair wich was made of minecraft vanilla boats in their solid state in wich you can walk ON them so as also they were attached one to another and they are entities in game maybe something like that can be done with vehicles, adding as many boats with a deletted texture and wich dessapear when vehicle is descroyed.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by olmocapWOT.
The topic has been locked.
More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #74211 by Prototype
Those use axis aligned bounding boxes. And that is an incredibly shitty (not to mention hopelessly inefficient) way to make vehicle solid seeing as vehicles aren't axis aligned. Even oriented bounding boxes (same thing but not bound to the world grid) would be a shitty way to do this as the shame of most vehicles would mean you could be blocked by blank space, which just looks bad.

Basically an entirely new collision system would need to be written, there is no system currently within minecraft that could handle this task properly. And unless you feel like implementing this: www.peroxide.dk/papers/collision/collision.pdf
it's not happening.

Stephen King wrote: “Don't ask me silly questions
I won't play silly games
I'm just a simple choo choo train
And I'll always be the same"

Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Prototype.
  • Loggerc4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 4 months ago #74214 by Loggerc4
Replied by Loggerc4 on topic The way to make the vehicles solid!!

olmocapWOT wrote: Some days ago I wathed a min-

Wathing
things is fun, is also good radio.

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu