Hey everyone I just want say a little something before you guys get downloading. As all of you know I have taken my time on releasing this update but I wanted it to be a big one. And that's what truly is, a big update with well over hundred new models to use. I just want say thanks for using my packs and waiting. Lastly please enjoy!
The Big 51
TaskForce51 wrote: Hey everyone I just want say a little something before you guys get downloading. As all of you know I have taken my time on releasing this update but I wanted it to be a big one. And that's what truly is, a big update with well over hundred new models to use. I just want say thanks for using my packs and waiting. Lastly please enjoy!
The Big 51
However. I could start a review by saying that much time has passed since your previous release, and in the meanwhile people started thinking that if so much time had to pass, then next release would have been pretty much godly. Well, you have made really a lot of content, and that's very honorable. I have tried the thirteen packages for a while, and I can tell you there are pros and cons. I will just make a list.
- The number of models (with a good amount of parts) is widely increased, therefore greater playability is guaranteed.
- Some models are simply great, such as the SR-71 Blackbird, many of Cold War aircraft, modern helicopters like the Comanche and the cars. Your car pack has the greatest overall quality in both textures and models.
- F-32 Peashooter II is cute :3
- It doesn't take a great amount of time to load the game, even with 100MB+ of content
- There are some new sounds, like in the B-36 Peacemaker
- Models in some packages have still mixed qualities, in particular in US modern pack. I can guess that some of them, such as the Valkyrie and XF-85 Goblin, have been made in a...not so recent past? Anyway, time shall pass so let's head to the next point.
- Photorealistic textures in the cockpits. Well, those things have been in your models for a while, and in some aircraft also look good. But, it is very weird when parts that should have been round dials look like deformed ellipses, or triangles. Seats and belts are godly, so you could also make some 3D panels.
- You can still add some more guns along with bullets and sounds, like GAU-8 Avenger and its "brrrr" sound for the A-10C, GAU-12 Equalizer and other stuff
TaskForce51, I really respect you. You are a very kind, respectable and patient person, and you have some great skills in the use of Toolbox: I think that without your presence this community would lack of an important element (well that's pretty obvious, no one other than you had thought to make relevant aircraft such as F-35 before)
But, there is one thing that makes me feel disappointed. I mean, illustrations with black edges are pretty childish. Also, "6th gen texturing" would require fading effects and stuff. I know that shapeboxes and textures are not "best friends", but models quality and your textures don't really match. If you want, you could let me or someone else work a bit on them. Remember that my purpose is not to make you feel offended at all, but to give constructive suggestions.
- Well, uh, after all I feel that this pack has been rushed a bit.
Look at the "Coast Guard" sign in the photo. I'm not sure that is what you really wanted to show us.
Also, Nighthawk new model and YF-23 Black Widow II are missing. Some icons and "Repair" menus are corrupted. You should never listen to cheeky fuckers like CODBO2 who spend their time telling people to release their pack even if it's not completely finished. If this pack was released in 2 weeks, or even in a month, I would have been happy the same.
Now, let me tell you: you have some good skills. People usually would not be able to make those great amounts of parts in relatively few time as you do, and that is delightful.
Always keep going on and never give up, well I hope this review will be useful.
No evil is greater than forgetting what once made you smile.