× Forum for all Content Packages

Olmocap world war 2 german tenks with inter models

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #78847 by vini_damiani
The spitfire started lagging after 1000 parts, i have an hexa core with 8gb of ram
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by vini_damiani.
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 4 months ago #78848 by Bomb787

hexa core with 8gb of ram

Is your processor Intel or AMD?
More
3 years 4 months ago #78849 by Prototype
I try not to go over 600 nowadays, but if you're sitting around 1k parts it's workable. Might have some performance drops but it won't be at the point where it's unplayable.

If you want to use fully automated tracks, expect it to add like 200-300 parts on for a simple 3 part link (might be less due to the tigers layout).

Might be better off to use texture animations here, but that's still a complete pain in the dick to set up.
More
3 years 4 months ago #78850 by olmocapWOT
Is there a way to make the models less laggy chainging the mod code?
If it reached the half of memory using by part it would allow to make much better models
More
3 years 4 months ago #78851 by Prototype

olmocapWOT wrote: Is there a way to make the models less laggy chainging the mod code?
If it reached the half of memory using by part it would allow to make much better models

Not really. This is just down to trying to render a shitload of polys (typically considered bad practise in the industry). We can optimise stuff by putting it in render lists (which TMT does automatically) but the reality is we're always rendering a bunch of pointless polys, which bumps up the rendering load and makes it lag.

Only thing that could maybe reduce it is implementing something like occlusion culling. Last guy I know who tried to do that in MC went mad.
More
3 years 4 months ago #78852 by vini_damiani
I use an overclocked AMD FX6300 Black edition

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu