× General stuff

My Big Ridiculous Flan's Mod Ideas/ Requests/ Wish List Thread :D

• Thank you received: 14

Mattrock607 created the topic: My Big Ridiculous Flan's Mod Ideas/ Requests/ Wish List Thread :D

So, after logging a few hundred hours flying aircraft and driving vehicles with Flan's mod, and after a year or so of building roads and airports and whatnot to support those things, and after having made a content pack of my own with over 100 vehicles and planes (to be released as soon as we're done bug-testing it, of course), I figured I would put together my ultimate "wish list" of features I would love to see added someday. Things I believe would make Flan's better all-around. To see this stuff get added into Flan's, Flan's Plus, and/ or Flan's Minus would be amazing, and I think/ hope others would dig these ideas as well. I know my friends on my server would love the heck out of them!

I'm going to collapse each idea into a spoiler to conserve space. We all know how I can get a little long-winded lol. The headline bit will tell you what you really need to know. The stuff in the spoilers is just me detailing that idea further or explaining how it might/ could work. Anyhoo, the ideas!

Idea #1 - PROPER airplane taxi controls/ pushback

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Idea #2 - Engine Durability/ Maintenance/ Coolant/ Oil

Idea #3 - Improved R-key UI and cargo tabs

Idea #4 - Plane Gliding Feature

Idea #5 - Passenger cargo and cargo access points

Idea #6 - Car Horns/ Sirens

Idea #7 - The Need For (Improved) Speed

Idea #8 - Liquid storage/ dispersal

Idea #9 - Car stereos

Idea #10 - Configurable locking doors/ trunks

Idea #11 - Co-Pilots!

Idea #12 - Autopilot Feature

Idea #13 - Trailers & Hitches and Towing

Idea #14 - Tool potion effects

Idea #15 - Hard Hitboxes

Anyway, those are my ideas for Flan's Mod/ Flan's Plus/ Flan's Minus/ Flan's Squared/ Flan's Times/ every other version of flan's that comes along :D I hope others agree that at least some of these ideas would be cool to see added someday, sooner or later or ten years from now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: VjsMc, 1st_SFOD_D_

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 112

Prototype replied the topic: My Big Ridiculous Flan's Mod Ideas/ Requests/ Wish List Thread :D

Ok. Quick responses.

1. Yes, actually working on this already, seems to be mostly done.

2. No. Overcomplicates gameplay and will annoy more people than it satisfies. There's a proper flight sim mod out there for this (I forgot the name).

3. I could go for a % fuel guage on the in-flight GUI. Remind me to have a go. No clue what you want with cargo unfortunately.

4. Also working on this. Trying to improve the flight model, so gliding may or may not be made possible as a consequence.

5. Useful idea, but going to be a pain in the ass to implement. Don't count on seeing this in any reasonable timeframe.

6. Funnily enough you can do this by giving the vehicle a gun that doesn't fire any bullets, but does make a sound. Though a proper function for this may be handy.

7. I do want to do something about this one. The problem is how to do it without breaking existing content. But I'm sure there's a solution.

8. no

9. Music disks no. However I'd be keen on implementing something like those mods where you put a .mp3 link in a stereo block and it actually plays the song. Unfortunately I have no idea how you do this.

10. Fex already got this working on his 1.10+ build. I sort of have it working on mine. It'll happen eventually.

11. Sounds nifty but I doubt it's usefulness.

12. Might actually give this a go, currently re-writing the flight controller so there may be room for some form of autopilot function.

13. Would be neat, but little mechanical benefit. If I figure out a cheap way to do it then maybe, but I'm not going to prioritize this.

14. Wait we can't do this already?

15. Oh my sweet summer child.

You have no idea how much sanity I've lost to this last one.

Stephen King wrote: “Don't ask me silly questions
I won't play silly games
I'm just a simple choo choo train
And I'll always be the same"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mattrock607

• Thank you received: 52

TaskForce51 replied the topic: My Big Ridiculous Flan's Mod Ideas/ Requests/ Wish List Thread :D

On idea 13: I think this was a brief feature back in 1.6.4. Flan and I have talked about this before, you could tow planes around airbases and aircraft carriers. It would make things a lot easier organizing the planes when not in use.

The Big 51

• Thank you received: 4

GolddolphinSKB replied the topic: My Big Ridiculous Flan's Mod Ideas/ Requests/ Wish List Thread :D

Just quickly saying, Fex's version is 1.11.2

• Thank you received: 14

Mattrock607 replied the topic: My Big Ridiculous Flan's Mod Ideas/ Requests/ Wish List Thread :D

I LOVE that you're doing Taxiing! I've been wanting that for a long time, can't wait to see it implemented! Everything else on the list was wishful thinking so if it ever gets added that's great, but if it doesn't get added anytime soon I'd understand, totally.

As for cargo, I'm not even really sure how that should work TBH. The current system has us clicking to scroll by each tab, which isn't a big deal until you get into the big (75+ slot) cargo vehicles/ planes. At that point it feels like you're clicking for an eternity. A faster scroll, or maybe tabbed out cargo "pages" might be more efficient, but again, this only impacts the small number of us who use Flan's mod for shipping cargo around so it's not really a priority issue, more of an idea pretty much. The taxi/ pushback feature is the one I've wanted the most, so to know it's being worked on and almost done has me giddy :D

• Thank you received: 13

Helomyname replied the topic: My Big Ridiculous Flan's Mod Ideas/ Requests/ Wish List Thread :D

I love the idea of vehicles being able to play Music Discs, i like that a lot better than playing custom online mp3s. Its a lot more minecrafty.

Speaking of Music Discs, Flans Mod should support custom music discs. It has custom items, it has custom sounds - why not be able to make items that play custom sounds?
It'd be great. If this were implemented, there would be no need for the online streaming thing, as players could make custom Discs as part of their content pack.

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu