× Post your Help request here

Any vehicle will not drive on an elevator block...

More
4 years 3 months ago #72060 by InuYasha86000
I have my own modpack and have recently added "Dynamic Transport" to my modpack, I found that I could place a vehicle down on elevator blocks and the elevator would move the vehicle (although be it buggy/graphically strange) both up and down no problem, however I cannot seem to drive any vehicle onto the elevator blocks without the vehicle severely swerving away from the blocks as if your driving up against a wall.
i'm really not sure why this is happening and I can't quite call it a bug as it's interacting with another mod, on a side note, I cannot access the floor controls when sitting in a vehicle, that I think is just due to the vehicle having it's own GUI while in it.

so, anyone got any ideas to the swerving issue? more or less it would be nice to have an elevator in a parking structure for vehicles, or for those military/navy type people, the elevators could be used to deploy planes from inside an air craft carrier.
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 3 months ago #72061 by Manus
well, basically it should be possible. i made this video same time ago with the dynamic elevator mod, which is the mod from which the dynamic transport mod was developed from.

More
4 years 3 months ago #72064 by InuYasha86000
I love the use of wireless redstone, i'm wondering if maybe planes and car/truck type vehicles react different to the elevator blocks. my modpack is 1.7.10, not sure if maybe something changed between the older code and the 1.7.10 version causing the swerving/acting like wall glitch.
my modpack is on technic but it's hidden, you'll need the download link from it's page: www.technicpack.net/modpack/the-valley-testing-phase.797682
thought if you wanted to test it or if anyone else wanted to test it, the size of elevator I created was a 7 long by 3 wide, just big enough width wise to fit a vehicle in it.
More
4 years 3 months ago #72084 by TankHunterCobra

Manus wrote: well, basically it should be possible. i made this video same time ago with the dynamic elevator mod, which is the mod from which the dynamic transport mod was developed from.

may i ask the song used in that video...
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #72090 by InuYasha86000
I got to thinking, I forgot to take into account the hitbox size of the wheels, I think that's what's doing it. I created a big pad of elevators and it worked on there, so I think I just gotta make it wider.

[EDIT]Confirmed, it's the size of the elevator that screwed it up. I widened it from 3 blocks wide to 4 and it works.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by InuYasha86000.

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu