× Post your Help request here

Barrel default rotation

More
3 years 7 months ago #78741 by Tonas1997
As the title says, is there a way to give a barrel a default rotation value? I'm currently modeling a mortar, and I wanted the barrel to look like this by default...

...while not affecting the angle at which the projectile (read: shell) is fired. I'm planning on allowing the driver to look at a [45,90] angle interval (max-min range), with the barrel defaulting to 60º.

What's more, this model is a "tank", and I'd like to know if that's the most appropriate type for this kind of "vehicle". Plus, I can't make the barrel rotate around the point in which it meets the metallic bipod :/
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 6 months ago #78754 by olmocapWOT
Replied by olmocapWOT on topic Barrel default rotation
Pretty nice for being your first model, in my case I started an abomination of stug 3 wich will never be finished.
You should watch some manus videos on youtube, also other channels will be usefull to you, like monosurisu.
More
3 years 6 months ago #78756 by Tonas1997
Replied by Tonas1997 on topic Barrel default rotation
Well, basically I wanted to make the barrel rotate between 45º and 90º, but when I place the model, the barrel will always have 0º rotation (completely horizontal). I'm trying to give the barrel a "default" rotation, so it appears like it does in the picture when placed. And for problem #2: said barrel will always rotate around specific point on its base, instead of doing so around the bipod.
More
3 years 6 months ago #78757 by Tonas1997
Well, basically I wanted to make the barrel rotate between 45º and 90º, but when I place the model, the barrel will always have 0º rotation (completely horizontal). I'm trying to give the barrel a "default" rotation, so it appears like it does in the picture when placed. And for problem #2: said barrel will always rotate around a specific point on its base, instead of doing so around the bipod.
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #78758 by Prototype
Replied by Prototype on topic Barrel default rotation
Ok, what you want to do is you want to model the barrel lying flat on the ground (you can't use Z rotations for barrel models).

Then, when you put it in-game, when you set up the driver position you can add view constraints to this like so:

Driver 0 32 0 -360 360 -10 18

This adds the driver at position [0, 32, 0], and gives him no yaw constraint (-360 to 360) and gives him a pitch constraint of -10 to 18 degrees (-10 18)

So in your config, you need to put something like:

Driver X Y Z minYaw maxYaw 45 90

To get it rotating around the bipod, the simple solution is to move the entire model so that the bipod is over the centre point (0,0,0). Now it is possible to change the centre of rotation through config (TurretOrigin x y z), but in your case this is completely unnecessary as you can simply move the whole model with little consequence.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Prototype.
More
3 years 6 months ago #78760 by Tonas1997
Like this?

Attachments:

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu