× Information, tutorials and more about building models

[1.7.10] Greylight Content Pack (Version 2.1)

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #77269 by Ubrantun
Do bullets de-spawn on their own after a certain amount of time from being fired? I keep getting crashes caused by bullet 'ticking entities' and I can see lot's of entities stuck in the air when I use a world editing program to view the world, which are most probably bullets.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Ubrantun.
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 4 months ago #77435 by DerpiWolf

TosterTestera wrote: This. Is. Awesome! It was worth waiting.

Unfortunately, I found a few bugs with vechicle:
1.Kattusha MWX-G (Machinegun Variant) - turret is not rotating (it moves only up and down).
2.Stumbreon GunTruck (Machinegun Variant) - same as above.
3.Areilla Striker Motorcycle - front fender is rotating with wheel.

- For the Kattusha and GunTruck, I'm not seeing the same problem, nor can I replicate the problem.
I've had other issues with the pack originally after publish, which were fixed by reinstalling FM (overwrite the mod with a new copy). You may have to do this to get things fixed.
- Yeah, I'll fix the wheel animation when I can.

MrCreepMan wrote: This is like one of the best content packs I have ever known, I really appreciate your hard work and effort into this creative fabulous content pack. Though if i may, here are some bugs I have found:

1. Stumbreon cannon deals very little damage against vehicles. Currently it deals damage just as much as the StumbreonMG (10)
2. As some mentioned above, the GunTruck MG turret doesn't rotate :blink:
3. Again the turret for Kattusha MWX-G doesn't rotate either :S
4. The wheel animation for Ariella Striker i believe is a bug? Not only the wheel does it rotate but also the cover thingy above the front wheel

5. I think skyfire cannon rounds should travel faster because they become slower than the Altostratus Duster jets.

Questions tho:

Are you ever going to create Teams of your factions for in-built flansmod /teams command? you know like /teams blah blah stuff... Or is that not likely to happen cuz they share neutral/positive diplomatic relationship? Thanks and great work man! :cheer: :cheer:

1. Hmm, I'll see to this when I can.
2 and 3. See previous answer.
4. See previous answer.
5. Not sure if I can make the jet run slower, or the bullet faster. I'll try to fix this.

Ubrantun wrote: Do bullets de-spawn on their own after a certain amount of time from being fired? I keep getting crashes caused by bullet 'ticking entities' and I can see lot's of entities stuck in the air when I use a world editing program to view the world, which are most probably bullets.

- Hmm, well when I can I'll get this corrected with a despawn timer to bullets.
More
3 years 4 months ago #77436 by DerpiWolf
As for teams, er, I dunno. I never imagined the gun sets from each faction being balanced pvp-wise, and would take a lot of tweaking plus hassling me to get some things tweaked correctly for it.
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #77437 by ErnestWri431

FireyDragon9000 wrote: I hope he adds a teams system.

DerpiWolf wrote: As for teams, er, I dunno. I never imagined the gun sets from each faction being balanced pvp-wise, and would take a lot of tweaking plus hassling me to get some things tweaked correctly for it.

After playing the game, reading the firearms companies background and the national military force of the Lupion Union background, looking through your Deviant account with the images of ponies and wolves bearing guns, I started to fall in love with the backstory of the pack itself.

Does the country had a founder? Was it once annexed by superpowers? Or was it a relatively new nation? Does humans still exist? What about the aftermath of the 21th century? Net worth of Skymare Co. and Ambircon Tech? Is the term 'Greylight' a name of an era? How big is the country itself? GDP? Is it waging wars against others? What about the UN? Does it recognize the nation as an operating country with intelligent animals which they've killed during the past? Or has the UN been disbanded? Why did the president/prime minister proposed the Banana policy? etc.

Anyways, back to my main point on why I quote that...

DerpiWolf wrote: ...Capital of the Lupine Union from 2052 until 2094, Penbar Capital is still however the most densely populated city, making it a high-value target by enemy bombings, domestic terrorism and espionage attacks. Because of this, the Penbar Police has since received large grants and defence support from the Lupine Union and various Arms Manufacturers...

If the pack needs a team system to fulfil the interest of CS:GO players alike and multiplayer lovers, I have some suggestions:
  • Have another faction, consisting of terrorists and terrorist-esque weapons (preferably Russian, Israeli and German generic, as they have cheap weapons and terrorists use those types of weapons as their main weapon of choices).
  • Or maybe some counterfeit from the Lupinian Military, or smuggled ones.
  • For armors, Google search for Balativa hoods and short sleeves military clothing, probably helps. They could dress casually (with hidden armor), just like any other citizens living in the nation. Or maybe some armored business suits for the terrorists who wants to topple the nation?
  • If possible, have a secret conspiracy which a disclosed firearms manufacturer sells weapons to the terrorists within the nation and international waters.
  • For vehicles, stolen police cars and modified civilian cars (or hover cars, if that suits the 22th century) do best, or stolen bank armored trucks and ambulances (or any other stolen emergency vehicles), make it look like something like homegrown terrorists.

And you sir, DerpiWolf, is the reason why that I create an account in this forum just for this pack.

(Don't question why I like to mention the UN, cause people like the UN)

An Apple fan who loves Google Software Products and hates Microsoft for Windows but not for Office 360.

UI - Apple>Google>Windows
Products - Google>Apple<Windows
Hardware - Windows>Apple>Google
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by ErnestWri431.
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #77438 by ErnestWri431

MrCreepMan wrote: ...Questions tho:

Are you ever going to create Teams of your factions for in-built flansmod /teams command? you know like /teams blah blah stuff... Or is that not likely to happen cuz they share neutral/positive diplomatic relationship? Thanks and great work man! :cheer: :cheer:

In my opinion, no private companies and governmental agencies within a nation wage economical and military-scale war on themselves, because they'll just end up into a civil-war, a coop d etat and then poof, no more country.

Firearms manufacturers don't wage wars against others and the nation's military and logic approves that. Law too.

An Apple fan who loves Google Software Products and hates Microsoft for Windows but not for Office 360.

UI - Apple>Google>Windows
Products - Google>Apple<Windows
Hardware - Windows>Apple>Google
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by ErnestWri431.
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #77440 by DerpiWolf

ErnestWri431 wrote: After playing the game, reading the firearms companies background and the national military force of the Lupion Union background, looking through your Deviant account with the images of ponies and wolves bearing guns, I started to fall in love with the backstory of the pack itself.

Does the country had a founder? Was it once annexed by superpowers? Or was it a relatively new nation? Does humans still exist? What about the aftermath of the 21th century? Net worth of Skymare Co. and Ambircon Tech? Is the term 'Greylight' a name of an era? How big is the country itself? GDP? Is it waging wars against others? What about the UN? Does it recognize the nation as an operating country with intelligent animals which they've killed during the past? Or has the UN been disbanded? Why did the president/prime minister proposed the Banana policy? etc.

Anyways, back to my main point on why I quote that...

DerpiWolf wrote: ...Capital of the Lupine Union from 2052 until 2094, Penbar Capital is still however the most densely populated city, making it a high-value target by enemy bombings, domestic terrorism and espionage attacks. Because of this, the Penbar Police has since received large grants and defence support from the Lupine Union and various Arms Manufacturers...

And you sir, DerpiWolf, is the reason why that I create an account in this forum just for this pack.
(Don't question why I like to mention the UN, cause people like the UN)

Oh, wow. Lot of questions to answer there. Er...

Honestly, I never put much thought into the backstory of this. It was really putting up a kind of lore framework that I could revolve the guns around, then letting the community think on it as they wish by adding their headcanon to it.

So as best I can put it:
Greylight was some term I was attached to when I was thinking of the name of this content pack. I suppose lore-wise, it's the name of the current era, where nothing seems black & white anymore.
- It's purely alternate-universe, so humanity doesn't exist, but the Lupine Union believes they exist (aliens).
- The Union was founded by two 'Lupinian' Packs centuries ago, whom annexed superpower nations as each one fell during various wars (both national and civil). In which case, if you imagine the world now, the LU controls just over a third of it. In this current era, it wages war with the bottom half of the world, an unknown society similar in ideology and civilisation but more brutal and violent. (I dunno, it's something.)
- UN? I would say there were none to begin with. All countries use emissaries for diplomatic and peace talks when the need arises. I would say such organisations exist between a few, but not for more than a dozen.
At its best, a unified organisation known as the Cambridge Coalition exists. (This is a leak for next update. You'll find out later from me.)

"Why did the president/prime minister proposed the Banana policy?"
- Running joke from me I guess.

"If the pack needs a team system to fulfil the interest of CS:GO players alike and multiplayer lovers, I have some suggestions:"
I would say you've got me rolling some ideas for the PvP aspect of things. Something I'm sure people have already mentioned to me ages ago but I've forgotten. I could pencil it in for update 2.3, perhaps...

"And you sir, DerpiWolf, is the reason why that I create an account in this forum just for this pack."
- Heh, thanks ^^
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by DerpiWolf.

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu