× Post your model requests here

Waywardcraft Era I Pack - Help Needed!

More
3 years 4 months ago #76848 by VjsMc
You are a genius! I did not think it was possible, and the buckets even came back! Do you think you can find a way to use other mod items as well? eg; mekanism steel? If so... that will be revolutionary! Thanks to your discovery, servers will now have even more action-packed bloodshed over oil! Hooray!

Anyway, what do you mean by "add another item" to the recipe? The material of the can itself? If so it should probably be a chunk of fiberglass, or an iron bar.
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 4 months ago #76849 by vini_damiani
Yeah, you can use pretty much every mod items, me and kevin did a 100% compatible version of SVZ and Industrial craft
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #76850 by Mattrock607
I mean like how the vanilla flan's recipe for fuel has 4x coal and 1x iron ingot (the iron ingot being the other material). And yes, we can totally add other mod stuff too, but we should try to restrict it to only the super popular mods (and maybe include a walkthrough explaining how to edit recipes, so people can add them to other mods as well).

Here's a full list of Buildcraft items from the language file, for reference:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

There are lots of items in there that could make really awesome ingredients in our recipes, namely gears and pipes. Adding oil buckets to engine recipes makes sense too I think.

The tech mods we use on my server are Buildcraft, Railcraft, Immersive Engineering, and PneumaticCraft. If there are any crossovers that add steel that would be perfect. I think only Railcraft and Immersive Engineering add steel on mine, but I know steel tends to be universal between them. I'm gonna go check right now and see if I can find steel from both mods. If you check Mekanism's steel too, maybe we'll find they all use the same code, which means steel from almost any mod would work with our parts pack :O

Edit: Bleh, it might not work. Here's Railcraft's steel:

item.railcraft.ingot.steel.name=Steel Ingot

And here's Immersive Engineering's steel:

item.ImmersiveEngineering.metal.ingotSteel.name=Steel Ingot

So Mekanism's steel would have to match either "steel" or "ingotSteel" to work I think. Or maybe even everything after item (so like, "Railcraft.ingot.steel" or something like that). We might just want to keep the recipes in this parts pack vanilla + Buildcraft (and then another pack that only uses Vanilla) for compatability, but I can write a tutorial explaining how to substitute ingredients with mod items and accompany the pack with that. I was already going to do a tutorial on how to modify texture files so this one shouldn't be a big deal to add.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Mattrock607.
More
3 years 4 months ago #76858 by Mattrock607
Another day, another technical issue. Sorry for bombarding everyone with questions!

I decided to halt work on the planes and stuff to get a parts pack built, so I can do recipes on the fly and not need to go back and redo them all. I whipped up a full list of parts and a few tools, with icons ("textures") and everything (and also borrowing Manus' parachute, which he said I could do).

But now, Eclipse is crashing when I try to run Minecraft, saying there's a shapeless recipe error. Which is strange, since none of my recipes are shapeless. I tried removing all but one config, and it's still crashing (regardless of which config I remove, I might add). I tried removing the tools and the parts... nothing is working. If anyone has any idea why this might be happening, I'd love to know!

Also, when I build the pack it works as a jar, but the crafting recipes are all broken. Ugh!

Here's one of the configs:

And here's my latest crash report:

Please tell me someone knows what this problem is? I'm frustrated enough that I could give up on this parts pack completely. It's that annoying :/
More
3 years 4 months ago #76861 by Helomyname
good work on your models, fromt page looks great!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mattrock607
More
3 years 4 months ago #76863 by Mattrock607
Spot on, it was a shortname issue. Apparently it's case sensitive; I changed an uppercase to a lowercase in one of the tool configs and now it works perfectly. Thanks yet again Willy for helping me!

Thanks Helo! Glad you're liking this so far since you're the one who inspired this pack haha. I'll let you know when it's finished and ready to go live (which should only take another week or two if I keep up the pace I've been working at). My cars still don't hold a candle to yours but I think they turned out okay-ish, especially the Hanks Model 35 and 49 cars. I need to take up Orion on his offer to teach me the black magic that is texturing.

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu