× Post your model requests here

Waywardcraft Era I Pack - Help Needed!

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #76864 by TheOrion
Scrap. I almost forgot. I'll see fit to finish up the Slimline Twin.

MVP Ostwind
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #76869 by Mattrock607
Cool cool, we have plenty of time. I should have everything on my end finished up in about two weeks or so, then we'll have testing and stuff too (and I'll probably end up adding a few new things then as well). Later today after work I'm going to put out the parts pack so those of you adding vehicles have a compatible parts list for your recipes (I can do that for anyone that doesn't want to mess around with recipes).
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Mattrock607.
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #76871 by TheOrion
If you'd want to stay in touch with me over anything, PM me or something, i usually sort these kinda stuff out via a good old skype chat then.(I hope you have that XD)

MVP Ostwind
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #76872 by Mattrock607
As promised, here's the Waywardcraft Parts Pack. I didn't realize until literally just now, but I need to add a jet engine (it'll have the shortname "engineJet" later). Otherwise, the pack is ready for use. I apologize in advance for how shoddy the icons are. I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: I suck big-time at textures/ skins, lol. I might actually post this as a WIP in the proper MC forums to see if we can find a texture artist willing to redo the skins and icons. I want it to look "Minecrafty" but not quite as childish and half-assed as they look now.

The Download Link: www.dropbox.com/s/i1z2u7n2cemi7zo/Waywar...0-4.10.0%29.jar?dl=0

And here's the full language file for the parts pack, for everyone's reference:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Note that the list above includes parts AND tools (I made everything other than the parachute). Also, some are parts for other parts (rubber, steel, plastic, etc.)

Orion and others, I'm going to make us a Dropbox later so I'll PM everyone whose expressed interest in working on this and get emails so I can set you all up. Also, everyone can contact me via Steam at Mattrcok607, and I'll try to always be on Steam when I'm not working.

Edit: For those of you who are interested, here's an updated build of the actual pack (still ALPHA with broken recipes, expect bugs!). Most of the planes are functional with tiny model fixes. Helicopters also work, though the Harpy is having a funky rotor problem (you'll see what I mean when you get into it). The Trimotor isn't spawning correctly but it sorta works, and both Cardinals are totally jacked (in fact, don't even try to place the Cardinals or you'll crash after a few seconds/ they both go flying into the air and the game crashes when they land). The Poseidon is also fixed, and that thing is a friggin' beast :O

www.dropbox.com/s/pb415xanxqt22j3/Waywar....10-4.10%29.jar?dl=0

I tried to fine-tune the handling a bit and make the airliners handle less like fighter jets. I can't tell if I went overboard or if I need to still do more. Any input will be appreciated ;)
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Mattrock607.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DMP_050603
More
4 years 1 week ago #76876 by Mattrock607
The good news: the helicopters are fixed, shy of a few minor tweaks to the main rotors.

The bad news: the two Cardinals are a hot mess and frustrating me to the point where I'm half-tempted to ditch them.

Here's what's happening: when I place either version of the Cardinal on the ground, it goes flying up into the sky, spinning slowly in circles. 40% of the time, the world crashes while the plane is mid-air. Otherwise, it comes crashing down and either breaks apart or digs itself into the ground.

I've tried:

Moving and even replacing the wheel markers
Moving and redoing all of the hitboxes
Moving/ redoing the collision markers (and I tried removing them completely, too)
Yelling at my computer screen
Wiping the config file and redoing that
Smashing my face into the keyboard
Erasing and redoing the model's java file
Crying

Nothing seems to be working. The other 16 planes are working perfectly fine, but these Cardinals... ugh! Any ideas? Should I try the "large model fix?" I was told before to never use that.
More
4 years 1 week ago #76878 by TankHunterCobra
you might have fucked up the propeller positions in the config file, without those planes tend to do evil shit.

Depending on how large your model is, how many parts it has. I think it might be 600+ parts you need to use "large model fix" I dunno how to setup rotors with that, because the entire line of code in the .java file is differently layed out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mattrock607

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu