× Post your model requests here

Waywardcraft Era I Pack - Help Needed!

More
4 years 2 months ago #76122 by Mattrock607
Thanks for the advice guys! It's not so bad really, I can safe a "scratch pad" model for painting purposes, do up a ton of textures, and then just copy and paste the configs (changing the relevant info of course). That's good to know... this pack should have a lot of alternative skins for the various vehicles, especially cars and trucks. I want to do plenty of liveries for the Burton 33's, the Cochrans, the upcoming Hanks', and some of the airplanes as well.

Spicy, those planes are killer! If you want I'd be very happy to add them to this pack. You'll need a make and model name that are lore-friendly (I can help with that if you want). Any planes, vehicles, etc. you feel like adding can all come in with that company name, so everyone will be able to spot your stuff easily :)

More dastardly vehicle creation here: I decided to make a horseless carriage to kick off the "Hanks" line of cars. I had a heck of a time finding color images of horseless carriages, but I think I did okay-ish on this... as well as I get with vehicles anyway. You can't really see it in this screenshot but I did a proper belt in the undercarriage (Y=0, painted it black, rotated, nothing fancy). That's the most detail I can handle with cars :P

Expect this one to be a hot mess, lol. It'll be slow, it'll handle poorly, and just be all-around awful.

Hanks Horseless Carriage

Tomorrow I should have the Hanks 12 and all of its various iterations either finished or mostly finished. There aren't many vehicles left to do, so I'm already sketching out small boats (I don't like how big ships work in Flan's), items the pack should have, clothing/ body armor/ outfits relevant to activities promoted by the pack, revamped road signs (why has no one made a road sign content pack yet, using blocks? Whatever, this pack will have it lol), and small non-military arms. I keep wanting to add more to this pack lol. I need to stop or I'll never actually play MC again :P
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 2 months ago #76130 by TheOrion
Alea iacta est. This thing gonna go fast. Includes Pimp Chrome Nose.

MVP Ostwind
More
4 years 2 months ago #76159 by Mattrock607
Very nice Orion! I wish I had 1/8th your texturing skill. I just flood-fill everything. I got creative with the truck I'm showing in a minute, but only because I stole the texture from base MC haha. Whenever I try to do camo it ends up looking horrible :/

Two new vehicles today, as promised: The Hanks Model 12, clearly based on the Ford Model T, seats 4 and carries 4 items. The Hanks Model 12t is a pickup truck variant and carries 20 cargo in lieu of the back two passenger seats.

You can have either of these vehicles in any color, so long as it's black ;)

Tonight I'll start on the Hanks Model 35, which will include sedan, taxi, and police variants. I'm still not entirely sure what car to base it on. It'll probably be a 1930's Hudson but I'll most likely get creative with it. I don't care about cars as much as aircraft so I'm a little more willing to deviate design-wise. Whatever car it is, it'll be pretty standard for that era. I don't want any of the Hanks cars to be too fancy ;)
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #76163 by spicystreak2
I came up with the name Hawksteel corporation for the company, Hawksteel X3A Cypher for the first plane, and Hawksteel X4B Bladerunner for the other plane.
I also made a new plane based on the prototype Vought V-173 pancake, This one will be called the Hawksteel X6A Papercut:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

File Attachment:

“Tank beats Ghost! Tank beats Hunter! Tank beats everything!”
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by spicystreak2.
More
4 years 2 months ago #76179 by Mattrock607
I love it Spicy! Very cool of you to add some experimental stuff to the content pack, especially from that era, when designers were a little more creative than they are today (well, imo anyway). I love the company name too!

Another vehicle finished, in all of its varieties: The Hanks Model 35, based loosely on a 1935 Studebaker Commander and a 1935 Hudson Terraplane. I can honestly say that this is the very first vehicle I've ever actually been proud of making. I know there are way better cars out there for Flan's, but this is the best job I've ever personally done. I want to run a little victory lap around my desk, but first, some screenies!

The base model Hanks Model 35 Sedan. These are the colors I've done for it. If you guys want other colors/ patterns, let me know and I'll add it. Yes, one of them is hot pink and purple. We have a few women in the guild and they actually wanted a pink car. I'm just as upset about it as you are :P They seat four people and carry four cargo.

There are two variants for the Model 35: The 35c is a taxi, and the 35p is a police cruiser. Both of these vehicles are faster and perform better than the base model (the police car is the fastest of the three models). They also carry four people and have four item slots each, but they both have more fuel capacity than the base model.

I'm really hoping helo sees this thread. His mafia pack inspired this pack and I'm desperate for approval lol.

Tonight I'm going to either start the Hanks Model 49 series (and the Hanks 44 Bumpkin pickup truck), or I'll redo the Cochran, because that car is hot garbage. I'm probably basing it off a 1930's/ 1940's Cadillac. I also want to make a luxury limo called the Cochran Monarch and base it on an old V16 Dusenberg. There was a guy in my neighborhood as a kid who owned one and I always thought they were gorgeous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spicystreak2
More
4 years 2 months ago #76180 by TheOrion
Neat, Nice and basic. Texutres are Meh though, if you want i could try to teach you a bit about improving them in a Private chat some point. Also;
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

MVP Ostwind

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu