× Post your model requests here

Waywardcraft Era I Pack - Help Needed!

More
4 years 1 month ago #76484 by Mattrock607
I finished the Schmidt Grasshopper (not very impressive, it's literally just a slightly-altered D30) a few days ago. Since then, I've been trying to do guns. But first, the newest car:

The Grasshopper is the last car I plan on doing for now. I'll probably still do the Woody (Spencer Woody) and the Alfa Romeo 8C (Terzi 7B), but I need a break from cars. I absolutely HATE doing them, lol.

So I decided to try my hand at guns, because hey, that should be easy, right? Well... ugh.

It took me a few days to actually make a gun that was even remotely good enough to show here, and even then I'm not happy with it. It's *supposed* to be a generic-looking hunting rifle. Instead, it looks more like, well, whatever the heck it looks like, lol.

I figured out that I can texture stuff better if I make a huge model and then reduce the scale. For the guns, I kinda wanted to take Orion's advice and do the textures better. But again, I have literally no artistic talent. I did these in MS Paint and just filled in boxes with the oil painting and crayon fill types. :whistle:

But there's a problem... I can't get the model to actually line up correctly on Steve. I don't know how much that matters, but I figured it matters quite a bit, and I can't fix it for the life of me. Basically, after scaling the model, I'm selecting all of the parts and moving them into position together. While the parts are all selected, it's fine...

But as soon as I release the parts from selection -- any of them or all of them -- this crap happens...

Any idea why it's doing that?

As for the guns, I don't plan on adding a lot. I'm only actually good at doing airplanes (though I think some of the cars turned out okay, minus the textures), and this pack is more focused on vehicles, for me anyway. My plans are to add the following guns:
  • Hunting Rifle
  • Shotgun
  • Generic Thompson SMG
  • "R1 Garrison" Rifle (M1 Garand, but lore-friendly)
  • Colt 1911 (needs a fictional name of course)
  • Lawman Revolver (generic "wild west" revolver)
  • Sniper Rifle

I'm going to make a bunch of crummy guns pretty quickly, now that I sorta know what I'm doing, almost, kinda. They won't be great, but eh, they'll be there. If you guys think they're super-bad maybe I can stick them in a supplemental optional secondary pack. I already want to do one so I can make fuel using BC fuel/ Pneumaticcraft gasoline ;)
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 1 month ago #76486 by testeroftanks
Ok so what i do to align guns i dont use positions i use offsets
And you could improve the barrel by making it an octogon
More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #76552 by spicystreak2
In one of the tabs there is an option called center on selected part. Turn that off and it should not align weirdly.

Also, here is a gun, I will call it the RS-1, It is based on a bunch of different rifles from that era, and I will make a scope for it later:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

File Attachment:

“Tank beats Ghost! Tank beats Hunter! Tank beats everything!”
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by spicystreak2.
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #76574 by spicystreak2
Here is the version with the scope on:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

File Attachment:

“Tank beats Ghost! Tank beats Hunter! Tank beats everything!”
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #76580 by VjsMc
I don't intend to sound rude to anyone, but I think it might seem a little bit odd if the pack has different content with varying levels of quality/modelling style. Especially with somewhat strange color schemes, you know what I mean? I just felt like sharing my opinion but hopefully I didn't come off as nitpicky.
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #76738 by Mattrock607
I spent most of the past week slamming head-first into a wall like a cartoon coyote. I wanted to take a break from firearms (I'm seriously lousy at them) and decided to focus for a little while on actually getting the planes and cars into Minecraft. Yeah... headaches.

To date, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Toolbox probably a dozen times or more. I've reinstalled Gradle and Eclipse repeatedly. I've followed every instruction Manus gave to the letter, scoured the forums for advice... everything seems up to snuff. And yet somehow, I can't build the pack with even a single plane. Every time I try to run the builder, I get this:

Here's a zip with my model, texture file, config, and the WW2 Camel icon I stole and renamed (if that one works, it should work fine here; I'll change it later of course). Can someone with a working 1.7 Gradle test this and see what the heck I'm doing wrong? Is it a technical thing? Is it a problem with my installation somehow? Did I anger the gaming Gods or something?

Download Link:

www.dropbox.com/s/4nwsjelbo3vdi55/Yellowtail.rar?dl=0

Any help here would be super appreciated!

On the firearms front, I took Tester's advice and redid the rifle with an octagonal barrel. I also started in on the R1 Garrison. I'll have screenshots soon, but I'm nitpicky and want to goof around with them for a few more hours first ;)

I like your gun Spicy! Is that a bullpup design? I've never seen a rifle from that era with a trigger set into the body like that (I don't know anything about guns and have little more than a gamer's knowledge of firearms). It's pretty cool looking!
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Mattrock607.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spicystreak2

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu