× Post your model requests here

Waywardcraft Era I Pack - Help Needed!

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #76743 by DerpiWolf
If you're having a lot of trouble using the toolbox automated process, then I'd point you towards the manual process.

www.minecraft-smp.de/index.php/forum/bug...-doesn-t-exist#64659

Essentially, you'll need eclipse for pack debugging purposes, and use the command prompt instead for gradle, as that'll also provide any compiling debugging and give you a hint towards what may be the issue(s).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mattrock607
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #76755 by Mattrock607
YES! thank you so much Derpi! I finally got the Yellowtail to work, which means all of the other planes should work also. There's one new problem, but I haven't tried to fix it yet and I don't imagine it'll be too complicated. The plane is spawning in the sky awkwardly, rather than on the ground where I set it, but I can figure that out soon. I'm guessing it's because the model is actually up off the floor in Toolbox. If that's the case, it's going to be super annoying fixing all those cargo planes, but whatever, I get to fly around in a plane I made in Minecraft :D

Edit: That didn't work, either. My plane is now spawning half underground, lol. What specifically am I supposed to mess around with to get the plane spawning on the ground properly, anyone know? Or what build height should I use? Should I be setting it on the "block for MC" height?
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Mattrock607.
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #76756 by vini_damiani
Have you set the hitbox and wheels right?
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #76758 by Mattrock607
I have no idea. I think so? I looked at the samples in the online model library and tried doing what Manus did (I couldn't find any tutorials explaining how to do them). Here's a screenshot of the plane with everything turned on:

The hitboxes are surrounding the parts, and they're all labeled to their corresponding parts (wheels to wheels, core to core, etc.). The wheel markers are pointing at the bottoms of the wheels, where I'd want the wheels to sit on the ground when on the runway. The collision markers I set to spots where the plane might hit buildings or trees or Reese Witherspoon, or anything else you might want to crash a plane into. I tried setting the height to match the height of the "block for MG" but it's still spawning slightly underground.

And the end result of all that:

Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Mattrock607.
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #76761 by vini_damiani
i think that there should be hitboxes on the wheels too
*facepalm* of course they are, i might need new glasses, di you change it's scale?
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by vini_damiani.
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #76763 by Mattrock607
Nope, I never messed around with the scale. I'm doing that now for the handheld guns but never thought to do it with the planes or cars (hence their simple textures).

So I found an apparent glitch in the config: I removed the "placeable on ground" bit and now it seems to almost sort of work. Except now, the back wheel is underground, and the front two wheels are above ground:

So I'm going to try and move the front wheel positions into the wheels, and the back wheel down from it, and maybe that'll work? Fingers crossed, because yeah, almost all of the planes I did are taildraggers lol. I only have one plane that has tricycle landing gear :unsure:

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu