× Post your model requests here

Waywardcraft Era I Pack - Help Needed!

More
4 years 2 months ago #76764 by VjsMc
Glad to hear you got it to work! On side note though, I thought it was called the yellowknife not the yellowtail...or are we talking tuna here?
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #76765 by Mattrock607
It's Yellowtail, like the deer. It's based on the Piper J-3 Cub, so I wanted to pull a name out of the animal kingdom. And since most of the early Cubs were yellow, I figured "eh, yellowtail it is" lol. I mistakenly typed "Yellowknife" while doing a screenshot and forgot about it until I looked at the model again.

Once I get this working, I'll put up a little mini-alpha with a few planes and choppers for everyone to play around with. I'm only giving this another hour though before I quit for the night. It's frustrating having to update the config and the model file and then go into MC over and over again. I'm close though!
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Mattrock607.
More
4 years 2 months ago #76766 by DMP_050603
In mini alpha will be Douglas dc-3 green
More
4 years 2 months ago #76767 by Mattrock607
Yessir. I'll probably do the Yellowtail, the Trimotor, the Henderly Emperor (Douglas DC-3), and *maybe* the Cardinal. First I need to figure out how to get the planes to stop spawning all funky, but it should be done by the end of the week I'd imagine.
More
4 years 2 months ago #76768 by Mattrock607
YAY! I figured it out. You need to put in the block for MG, and then set the model height to the BASE of the model (so it's sitting level with it, rather than on top of it). Now I feel stupid, lol.

I already have the Yellowtail and the Trimotor figured out. Tomorrow I'll start working on a few more planes. Once I get a few done, I'll throw together the early alpha, and you guys can tell me how the flying is.

I'll have to do something about the textures. Now that I'm seeing them in game... bleh, not great. I don't want them to be too super detailed (I want them to fit into MC well), but they definitely need more detail than they have. Any texture artists/ bitmappers want to fix them up?

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #76783 by Mattrock607
So here's an interesting issue. I just set up the Henderly H1 Hummingbird and got it into the game. It works fine... except for the propeller being twisted sideways and cutting through the vehicle, lol.

Here's a screenshot of the chopper in Toolbox:

And now here it is in MC:

How the heck do I fix this one? Has anyone encountered this issue before? I don't even know where to start!
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Mattrock607.

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu