× Post your model requests here

Waywardcraft Era I Pack - Help Needed!

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #76824 by VjsMc
I played around with it for a little, and i really like the planes! Although you should make the turning speeds on the bigger planes slower. Also, i cant guarantee any commitment but if you want i can /try/ to make some item textures
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mattrock607
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #76826 by Mattrock607
For the textures (icons) I was planning on just screengrabbing each plane in Toolbox, swapping the white background for alpha (transparency), and then shrinking them down to the right size. I was waiting until I had model textures/ skins finished for that though. If you wanted to make better-looking ones or something more original than my laziness allows, you know I would love to use it!

Also, what do you guys think about doing a parts pack that's more simplified than the existing ones? I'm thinking various engines, then simple/ complex components. For instance, an airplane's recipe might have 3 simple aircraft components, 3 complex aircraft components, etc., rather than having literal parts (like wings and stuff). That means we can make certain vehicles more expensive, too; something like the P1 or the Llama might just use a few parts, whereas the P5 might use lots of more complex parts and thus be more expensive. It also helps with Spicy's jet, where we could just have lots of complex parts so it's harder to obtain. Do you guys like that idea?

Edit: Also, the recipes are easier to manipulate, so if someone thinks the price is too steep they can reduce how many parts a plane costs for their own game or server. I dunno, just throwing that out there as an idea.
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Mattrock607.
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #76828 by VjsMc
I think it would be great to use parts, but should the part pack be built in with wwc or as a separate pack? And if you want me to make item textures for the parts, i can try that too
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #76830 by Mattrock607
We could just do the parts as a separate pack so others can use it too. I only sort of threw a simple list together in notepad earlier today, but here's what I've got for the parts:

Small Aircraft Engine
Large Aircraft Engine
Small Automobile Engine
Large Automobile Engine
Small Jet Engine
Large Jet Engine

Simple Aircraft Component
Complex Aircraft Component
Simple Automobile Component
Complex Automobile Component

Small Aircraft Wheel
Large Aircraft Wheel
Small Automobile Wheel
Large Automobile Wheel
Truck Wheel
Skid
Pontoon

Hydraulic Component
Pneumatic Component
Electronic Component
Glass Component

Fuel (two packs; one vanilla and another using BC fuel. These need cooler names)
Tiny Fuel (100 fuel)
Small Fuel (500 fuel)
Regular Fuel (1000 fuel)
Large Fuel (2000 fuel)
Huge Fuel (5000 fuel)
Super Fuel (8000 fuel)

I'm adding some other items too, like a parachute, something for repair, a medical kit, and a few other small odds and ends, so maybe those should go in the parts pack too? Or maybe just in the content pack itself? I'm not sure. I haven't thought that far ahead yet lol.

Edit: we can probably simplify it even further by just having simple and complex components, rather than splitting them up between planes and automobiles specifically, if you guys think that's a good idea).
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #76832 by VjsMc
Of course they'll be interchangeable with other packs, correct?
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #76835 by Mattrock607
Depends on how you define interchangeable I suppose. The fuel would work with every other pack, unless they use custom fuels (I want to make both a vanilla fuel and BC fuel mini-pack, so people can pick and choose which to use). The other parts could be used by any other content creator openly and freely, but it wouldn't replace other parts packs, like SMP parts or whatever. Not without manually changing configs that is.

I've been looking into making the parts, but I'm totally lost on how recipes work. I'll probably just finish up the planes today and deal with the parts stuff later. As long as it's done before WCE1 is finished, it's all gravy ;)

Edit: Where are people getting item ID's from? Manus' pack uses a weird ID system. For instance, an iron ingot (minecraft:iron_ingot) is labeled as "IngotIron" in Manus' pack. Can I use proper Minecraft ID's or do I have to edit something somewhere? And how could I get BC fuel to work instead of using coal?

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu