Electric
3 23.1%
Hydrogen Fuel
2 15.4%
Hybrid
3 23.1%
Other(Please post)
5 38.5%
Total number of voters: 13 ( Spencer09, DillPickles_, TheDarkCider, CODBO2, NfsFan199 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
4 years 8 months ago #75511 by GolddolphinSKB
Replied by GolddolphinSKB on topic Best kind of Car?

Prototype wrote: We have to burn fossil fuels to use them.

Nawp.

Tidal power, hydroelectric, solar, geothermal, ground source, wind, sea temperature thingy and wave power.

#renewable
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #75518 by Prototype
Replied by Prototype on topic Best kind of Car?

GolddolphinSKB wrote:

Prototype wrote: We have to burn fossil fuels to use them.

Nawp.

Tidal power, hydroelectric, solar, geothermal, ground source, wind, sea temperature thingy and wave power.

#renewable

Unfortunately right now they don't produce jack in comparison to fossil fuels. And so long as we're in a hydrocarbon economy I'm afraid that won't change very fast.

If we got nuclear fusion going though, and maybe stopped hindering it's development we might just get it working reasonably.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Prototype.
More
4 years 8 months ago #75533 by Spencer09
Replied by Spencer09 on topic Best kind of Car?
make a car that runs on semen XD
More
4 years 8 months ago #75534 by GolddolphinSKB
Replied by GolddolphinSKB on topic Best kind of Car?
Infinite Energy is a thing,, there are multiple ways in which perpetual motion can be achieved, *conspiracy theory here*

The governments are scared that there beloved energy companies will die out, then all there "Freinds" will be pissed off.
More
4 years 8 months ago #75682 by [ITW]Daron122
Replied by [ITW]Daron122 on topic Best kind of Car?
They are actually designing automated buses with wireless charging for phones.

This is speculative, but in a certain amount time, we should be able to have WHOLE cities with wireless phone charging.

If we can get a large centralized source of energy, we could theoretically use wireless electricity to charge Electric Cars.

There's more incentive to make them then, and the more that are made, the more money. They can use that money to research improvements to Electric Cars.

Of course the real question is,

How the hell do we get a large amount of Energy?

Well there are a couple of ideas. All of them are considered expensive however. But in time they could cheapen.

Idea 1: Helium-3 Mining on the Moon: I'm sure you heard of this one. It's more good as a source of rocket-fuel however. But lets not throw out the idea of using Helium-3 in cars. It could certainly work. The main issue with Helium-3 on the Moon, is how it might not even be that much.

Idea 2: Large Solar Panel in Space: This is probably one of my favorite ideas, but it isn't the easiest either. Basically there's a large solar array in Space that orbits Earth, collects Energy, and beams it back(Or you can send a ship to collect the energy and return it. However this idea isn't efficient when you can just beam it down).

Idea 3: Geo-Thermal Energy in Earth's deeper part: As a reader of Futurism, I find this idea very interesting. If we can design heat-resistant wires, we could potentially collect tons of Energy. Of course that requires lots of digging.

I also think I should discuss Nuclear Power:

Why Nuclear Power is better than other Renewable Energies:

1: It is more efficient
- This is probably the main draw of Nuclear Energy, and why it was so hyped in the 50's
2: It doesn't rely on the atmosphere/environment in some way
- This is part of why it's more efficient. Solar Power needs the Sun to be shining, Wind Energy requires Winds,Hydro-Electricity needs Water in a large area

Of course the main Issues of Nuclear Energy are quite large
- Nuclear Fall-out
- Waste
- Human Error

of course I have a solution to some of those issues:

--Robot Workers
- Protected from Radiation. Can risk anything
- Expendable
- Less prone to Error than Humans
- Can use algorithms

The Main Issue however, is our fear of Nuclear Waste/Disaster. Honestly I think this will last for sometime. The best you can do, is either do it in secret, or find uninhabited locations.

Burning the Nuclear Waste, or sending it to Space, is probably the best idea I can think of at the moment.

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu