× Pictures from user build contant using models from our contant packages

U-2 "Dragonlady"

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #78537 by Tonas1997
U-2 "Dragonlady" was created by Tonas1997
So here's the result of countless hours of modeling, texturing and configuring... my first Flan's Mod airplane! This is a twin-seat version of the U-2 reconnaissance aircraft. With accurate length/width values, a crappy cockpit and the as-iconic-as-horrible bicycle landing gear. I made the aircraft thinking you could fill Minecraft maps while seated on a vehicle, which would allow for the passenger to take high-resolution "pictures" of enemy faction bases on high altitudes, well outside the range of anti-aircraft ordnance. Sadly, this doesn't appear to be the case, and I would love to hear your suggestions, being them mods, configs or actual model changes, to make my plane as functional as its real-life counterpart!

...btw, there IS a front wheel, but the only picture which showed it was too big to post :P
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Tonas1997.
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 7 months ago #78539 by VjsMc
Replied by VjsMc on topic U-2 "Dragonlady"
That's really cool, it's a shame flans mod doesnt allow us to get different camera views while in vehicles. Would make for some real cool recon jobs. Great work.
More
3 years 7 months ago #78540 by Tonas1997
Replied by Tonas1997 on topic U-2 "Dragonlady"
Thank you very much! :D

The best workaroud I found (so far) was a self-writing map mod, like Xaero's World Map. Not as fun or realistic, but still better than nothing...
  • Cloneguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 7 months ago #78541 by Cloneguy
Replied by Cloneguy on topic U-2 "Dragonlady"
Yeah, we've been over these issues a few times, trying to get functionality for reconnaissance aircraft like the SR-71 and MiG-25... so far, it seems using the mapwriter mod is one solution, but the other (somewhat better) one is to install flans mod plus and use their built-in mini-map. It actually shows flans vehicles on it, so its somewhat useful. As is the EntitiesRadar option on REIs mini-map, but that only has a very short range. For finding factions, the way to do that currently would just be to fly around with the /f map command turned on

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu