Manus created the topic: How to Update to 1.7 (WIP - Video will come soon)
Bringing you package from 1.6 to 1.7 is quite easy, only few steps have to be done.
1. Setup a new MCP
MCP in 1.7+ has changed completely. You have to setup it via cmd window and it will not run without Eclipse. Check [link=http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,14048.0.html]here[/link] for install instructions, after installing just copy Flans Mod from Github into the root folder of your new MCP, it will overwrite some files.
2. Copy you packages to ..\eclipse\Flan\
3. Copy your model files to ..\src\main\java\com\flansmod\client\model\
4. Rename the folder "..\eclipse\Flan\Your Package\assets\flansmod\sound" to "..\eclipse\Flan\Your Package\assets\flansmod\sounds"
5. Update your model files
The models need few adjustments to match 1.7.2 mcp structure. You have to replace co.uk.flansmods by com.flansmod in the first few lines of each file (the package and import lines).
has to be
6. Create a sounds.json file in ..\eclipse\Flan\Your Package\assets\flansmod
Strcture of the file is simple, every sound file you want to use needs to be added to this file in the following format:
"category" : "player",
"sounds" : [ "flansmod:bomb" ]
"bomb" = name of sound in the config
"flansmod:bomb" = name of the file
for a better overview i suggest to use the same name for both.
7. Add a lang folder and lang file in ..\eclipse\Flan\Your Package\assets\flansmod
the name of the file represents the language, check [link=http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Language]here[/link] for more information. Every item/vehicle/plane/gun in your package must be listed in the language file in the following format:
item.HE111.name=Heinkel He 111
H111 = item shortName
Heinkel He 111 = Name the items shows in the game
8. Enjoy you package in 1.7.2
Step 5, 6 and 7 can also be done by using the Toolbox 22.214.171.124+, Here the Language File Builder,the Sound File Builder and the Java File Converter 1.6 -1.7.