× Tutorials about Modelling and Texturing form Minecraft

How to use Gold's Auto texture- Lightning Fast Shapebox And Box Auto Texturer

• Thank you received: 4

GolddolphinSKB created the topic: How to use Gold's Auto texture- Lightning Fast Shapebox And Box Auto Texturer

This tool is mean't to replace manus's tool for people who find it to slow, don't get me wrong, it has really helped me, but making bigger models is meaning the auto texture can take up to 3 hours on a 400 part model, almost as long as actually making the model. The script reads the java file, extracts the information and runs an algorithm that positions each part in a grid formation. This is far faster than TB currently is, but is extremely inefficient space wise. You copy and paste the final result to overwrite the existing values.

Warning! This tool is still in heavy development by myself. Report any bugs/problems to me.

This is a tool that should work with any flansmod version, and any OS.
Basic Principle
You enter the exported java model file into the program, It outputs onto the screen the things to copy and paste back to the java file manually.

Installation

• Download python 3.5.2 for the relevant OS at: www.python.org/downloads/
  • Download the script from here: Download
  • Unzip the file, and put it in a folder of your choice.
  • Put the exported .java model from toolbox into the same folder as the python script
  • Right click on the 'Auto Texture.py' script and select 'open with' and then select IDLE 3.5.1
  • Click 'Run' at the top and select 'Run Module' As shown in the picture.
  • Enter the name of the java file you dropped into the folder, do NOT include the file extension.
  • Press enter and wait for messages to stop appearing on the screen, you should see appear.
  • Enter your preferred texture size and press enter

• copy and paste this output into your java file using a text editor as described here:
    Replace this:
    With the lines you copied.

Thats it, import the java file back to toolbox and continue texturing!

[/ul]

Some notes MUST READ
    DO NOT set parts to groups!, the program will both break/corrupt your java file, and will reset all your parts.
    The program is lightning fast, and I mean LIGHTNING fast. In a seperate python GUI without a console line limit, I managed to process A 20,000 part model in 10 seconds. I achieved this by forfitting texture size, with lightning fast speed.
    The texture size required = (largest x size * largest y size) * Part count

If you have problems with the program, Tell me :)
    The topic has been locked.
    • Thank you received: 49

Manus replied the topic: How to use Gold's Auto texture- Lightning Fast Shapebox And Box Auto Texturer

Hmm... maybe you should write what this tool is exactly for.

I mean, why should i copy the java code to the script and back?

• Thank you received: 112

Prototype replied the topic: How to use Gold's Auto texture- Lightning Fast Shapebox And Box Auto Texturer

According to information posted in the discord it's a faster but less spatially efficient version of auto texture.

Stephen King wrote: “Don't ask me silly questions
    I won't play silly games
    I'm just a simple choo choo train
    And I'll always be the same"

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu