× Tutorials about Modelling and Texturing form Minecraft

Tutorial to manual installation. Fix for crashing on Setup Gradlew

• Funnis
  • Funnis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hello! I like to do stuff.
  • Thank you received: 11

Funnis created the topic: Tutorial to manual installation. Fix for crashing on Setup Gradlew

Hello ! I am going to write this complex tutorial (Simple/Complex varies on your knowledge on computers) I am probably going to create a video about this, when I get home from my trip. I am introducing the fix I used for crashing on Setup Gradle. Also I am probably adding some pictures to this tutorial, if this gets too hard, I try to make this detailed and simple.

1. Download Toolbox 2.0 (I prefer latest: minecraft-smp.de/index.php/downloads/category/19-latest-release )

2. Install Toolbox 2.0 and also open it. It'll create a Toolbox 2.0 folder in your Documents (C:\Users\%Your User%\Documents\Toolbox 2.0)

3. Download Source of Flan's mod ( github.com/FlansMods/FlansMod ) It includes Gradlew and everything you may need.

4. When download is complete, you must unpack the folder called "Flan's Mod X.X" in the .zip to your folder named "Forge" in Toolbox 2.0 folder. (C:\Users\%Your User%\Documents\Toolbox 2.0\Forge) You can also be lazy on this part, if you choose to change your path and not to follow my tutorial, I don't prefer this to a beginner on computer programming or using. What I mean with this, is that it is possible to unpack your source Flan's mod anywhere, but then your automatic Gradle build won't do the trick anymore.

5. Setting up Gradle: You need Java JDK to do this, if you don't already have this, I am adding a download link here: www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/d...wnloads-2133151.html Choose your Java JDK appropriately, so you don't have surprises gaming, if you have a 64-bit system and you choose 32-bit Java JDK, your game RAM usage is limited to 1024MB or 1GB to shorten it out.

Continuing with Gradle Setup > You must be in your Source Flan's folder, (If following my tutorial, C:\Users\%Your User%\Documents\Toolbox 2.0\Forge) Press down on your LEFT SHIFT key (The arrow pointing up on the left side of your keyboard) and while pressing shift, right click anywhere in the folder, you open the menu, there you must find "Open Console here" or something like that. For me it's the last one on Paste, Copy and Undo section. Click it. Your console opens up in that path. If you failed to do this, you can press Windows button and R, then type "cd C:\Users\%Your User%\Documents\Toolbox 2.0\Forge" It does the same thing, but I find it a lot more complicated.

In the Console window, you must type "gradlew setupDecompWorkspace" this may take some time, but not awfully long I'm telling you. After this is done, according to the programming tool you may be using, (I prefer Eclipse) type either "gradlew eclipse" or "gradlew IDEA". It creates a folder to set as Eclipse or IDEA home. That is useful for debugging your game or checking what's wrong with your code, when something goes wrong, which is quite predictable.

Now your Gradle is done. Hopefully :lol:

6. Setting up paths
This is a tricky section of this tutorial! I tricked around with this for a good 30 minutes before realizing what which paths meant. Now I can tell you how you must setup your own paths.

Open Options in Toolbox 2.0 where on the first page should be Path/Backup

First: Path to your Model Folder:

You must navigate to your Documents\Toolbox 2.0\Forge, from there you must go into src, then main, then java, then com, then flansmod, then client, then model. Now your address should look like this: C:\Users\%Your User%\Documents\Toolbox 2.0\Forge\src\main\java\com\flansmod\client\model\ Now to be able to copy this, you must click the frame next to search and it turns into an address. Copy this by pressing Control + C or by right clicking and selecting Copy. Paste this address into your Path to your Model Folder in Forge Gradle writing frame. Other way is to press the Browser next to the frame and navigate to the model folder by that way, you should follow the same orders.

Second: Path to your Flan's Mod Folder:

This one took me a while, since I didn't realize the folder is hiding in the eclipse folder! To reach this, you must navigate this way, im starting at the Forge folder again (C:\Users\%Your User%\Documents\Toolbox 2.0\Forge) There you must open eclipse folder, and then Flan folder is the one you're searching for. Wasn't that hard? It was for me! Copy the address again and paste it in the writing frame, or use the browser to select this folder. Now everything should be fine and you should be able to build your pack and use almost everything normaly, you will meet some problems by doing it this way, for a start I can say that you can't add your content packs in the build.gradle which is annoying, I will be replying this tutorial with a tutorial to adding your content pack there manually

Am I here, or am I not, are you sure, or are you not. - Funnis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Funnis

Funnis replied the topic: Tutorial to manual installation. Fix for crashing on Setup Gradlew

OH! I made this to the wrong tutorial thread! Sorry! Is it okay if I continue this here, or should I move it to the another thread?

• Thank you received: 1

DocteurTrist replied the topic: Tutorial to manual installation. Fix for crashing on Setup Gradlew

Yes but when I copy my class file (Helmet) to C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\Flan\Test Package\com\flansmod\client\model\ww1 and after I test in game It displays a black square yet I put the texture to skins and config to armorfiles it does not change anything... My game detects icon I can wear my helmet yet it dipslays a big black - purple square I think my game does not detect my model

• Funnis

Funnis replied the topic: Tutorial to manual installation. Fix for crashing on Setup Gradlew

I think you should create a new topic for this issue, but I can try to help you, I have not created a single armorpiece yet using Toolbox.

Have you checked package explorer if it has registered your skin ? Are you sure you have your skin added properly in the config ? Sometimes autoconfiguration has problems adding something, like my vehicles had a problem with autoconf. when it didn't want to put my model in. I imported Jeep config and then autoconfigured it by taking configs from my model. I had to edit the config manually by editing the .txt -file.

I think what you should do is to navigate to your Flan's mod folder in the eclipse folder, there navigate into your content pack, which Im guessing is WW1, there search for the armors folder and open your .txt file, it has all your configs there. Check if your skin name is same as the config has and also, don't forget to check the package explorer. Count the things you should have and the amount of skins you should have, if you have 1 less than should, then it is not registering your skin for some reason.

• Thank you received: 1

DocteurTrist replied the topic: Tutorial to manual installation. Fix for crashing on Setup Gradlew

Look and tell me where is the problem . To test I removed the lines Armor_skin and Armour_Skin in my config file it's the same thing but the package explorer tells me it's okay

• Funnis

Sorry for taking so long, I wasn't able to see those pictures when I checked the post and then I had to go work, now I am back.

It appears so that in the first "//visual" section your modelname is "test package.CasqueSentinelle" but in the second section it has _ (test_package.CasqueSentinelle), but what I can see it appears that it has it's model on, but it seems to be a bit off of it's location. You should turn on "Show steve" and select all of the pieces and move it on the head of Steve. And make the modelname same in the both sections, I don't know if this is required with spaces but I think you should try it.

With the texture, I think you should change all of the texturefiles in the config to be "Armor_CasqueSentinelle" and also rename your textures similar way. If there is a difference in the names of your textures and in configs, Java is unable to find the correct texture for your model. Even a tiny difference matters.

Edit:
Also you should scroll all of those "Texture files required in config" and "Texture files" to see what they hide, if you scroll "Texturefiles required in Config" and look if there is anything about that "ArmourSkin" you can find out if that is required, it also might be so that the "Armour" is there just to make it easier for british people, since they write "Armour" and american people write "Armor". I am not really professional at this, so I remind you, you really should create a new topic for this, since people come here to find a fix for crashing on Gradle Setup.

You also appear to have something else, does every other armorpiece work well, or is the problem with everyarmor ?

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu