× Forum for all Content Packages

List of all existing & downloadable content Packs

More
4 years 10 months ago #76620 by HeinrichWolff

berggeit wrote: mate you should change the name of my link. XD its ww2 sovjetpack (beta) never released any thing of the armed forces pack

I hadn't noticed XD

File Attachment:

Grüße aus Elsass-Lothringen !
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 10 months ago #76621 by Oskiinus
Cool idea! Thanks for including my package, despite it being less known than others.

Steam: oskiinus09
^In case you need to contact me, hehe.
More
4 years 10 months ago #76622 by Stalin
Here's some mysterious gun packs I found hidden in the japanese minecraft forum:

forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27979

forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27446

Go to my website now! monorisu.enjin.com/home
It's a beautifully disgusting cesspool of free speech and tyranny.
More
4 years 10 months ago #76629 by Kikkoceccato

Stalin wrote: Here's some mysterious gun packs I found hidden in the japanese minecraft forum:

forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27979

forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27446

Ok.
Those packs are... i don't know. I felt...stoned when I played with them.
Not only the models are godly (round parts almost look like they were made with Blender, or with Solidworks), but those Japanese guys also found out how to put rare technologies (insta-killing shockwave, etc.)
Have you actually tried asking (or told someone else to ask) to put some of that stuff in the Modpack? It would make the server able to reach a new, never seen before level of entertainment, IMHO.

No evil is greater than forgetting what once made you smile.
Attachments:
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #76633 by vini_damiani
I actually think that the models are kinda crappy (Td or Berg, maybe even me when i'm not extremely lazy like aways can do a lot better), the round parts are extremelly easy to do, you need some calculation to get it perfect, just some icosagon side measurements and angles (or how perfect you want the circle to be, more boxes = rounder = more calculations needed to make it perfect)

there are 20 boxes in a circle around a single point, each box has a angle that it almost overlaps the other, just not to leave a gap, i did this one rought in about 5 minutes so it don't looks perfect but sure i could do one perfect with about 200 - 100 boxes

BTW, that rifle looks awful, in my opnion, TD models beat it in every single way
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by vini_damiani.
More
4 years 10 months ago #76637 by Prototype

vini_damiani wrote:
there are 20 boxes in a circle around a single point, each box has a angle that it almost overlaps the other, just not to leave a gap, i did this one rought in about 5 minutes so it don't looks perfect but sure i could do one perfect with about 200 - 100 boxes

Unfortuantely I recently discovered that higher part counts actually have a pretty significant effect on rendering lag. Using 200 parts for a barrel is a little silly. Technically impressive yes, but not exactly great for the end user.

This came right as my usual part count was starting to get up into the 4000 mark, so it's not like so can judge on this one (I know I've had to completely unlearn everything).

Though I don't think you need more than 8 sides on a gun barrel (tilted at a 45 degree angle if you want to break the "grid" up and give the impression that it js rounder than it actually is). Keeps the part count low, avoids any z-fighting, and is a nice halfway point between the blocky nature of MC and the more detailed nature of our models. In terms of style those guns are rather decent, not amazing but not certainly not crappy.

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu