× Post your model requests here

Wild West Guns

More
5 years 7 months ago #72680 by TheOrion
Replied by TheOrion on topic Wild West Guns

ZakDank wrote:
1. Look, the programs are near identical, I don't see why someone would re-write a program to make it look exactly the same with a few extra buttons. I don't think it is unreasonable to assume it is a modified version.

If you'd have any idea on the Matter of both programms, you'd know that what you say is almost insulting to Toolbox.


MVP Ostwind
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 7 months ago #72681 by Prototype
Replied by Prototype on topic Wild West Guns

ZakDank wrote: 1. Look, the programs are near identical, I don't see why someone would re-write a program to make it look exactly the same with a few extra buttons. I don't think it is unreasonable to assume it is a modified version.


Oh trust me, there is a hell of a difference.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #72682 by ZakDank
Replied by ZakDank on topic Wild West Guns

TheOrion wrote:

ZakDank wrote:
1. Look, the programs are near identical, I don't see why someone would re-write a program to make it look exactly the same with a few extra buttons. I don't think it is unreasonable to assume it is a modified version.

If you'd have any idea on the Matter of both programms, you'd know that what you say is almost insulting to Toolbox.



I'm not even going to entertain you, the fact that you have 5k+ posts yet only 12 rep and 30 thanks speaks wonders for your personality.

Prototype wrote: Oh trust me, there is a hell of a difference.

Without a doubt, but visually the two are very similar, i'm sure you would agree that without prior background knowledge of the programs, it isn't unreasonable to assume that toolbox is a modified version of techne based on its visual likeness.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by ZakDank.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 7 months ago #72683 by FacelessDrops
Replied by FacelessDrops on topic Wild West Guns
It's not because two programs have some common functions, that they have the same back-end.
That's like saying OpenOffice is a modified version of Microsoft Office, or that Churchill is a modified Hitler because they both fought in WWII, or that the moon is a modified sun because they both shine.


Faceless' Photo Thread
- NATO mil bases, Soviet mil bases, 3rd world mil bases, civilian buildings
Faceless' Mapping Thread - COMING SOON™
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #72684 by TheOrion
Replied by TheOrion on topic Wild West Guns

ZakDank wrote:
I'm not even going to entertain you, the fact that you have 5k+ posts yet only 12 rep and 30 thanks speaks wonders for your personality.


..Of wich around 4900 Posts or so where made on an old forum where Rep system didnt existed....

Yea, f*ck ya, throwing assumptions without knowledge, you've stepped on the wrong guy here dude.


MVP Ostwind
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by TheOrion.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 7 months ago #72685 by Prototype
Replied by Prototype on topic Wild West Guns

ZakDank wrote:

TheOrion wrote:

ZakDank wrote:
1. Look, the programs are near identical, I don't see why someone would re-write a program to make it look exactly the same with a few extra buttons. I don't think it is unreasonable to assume it is a modified version.

If you'd have any idea on the Matter of both programms, you'd know that what you say is almost insulting to Toolbox.



I'm not even going to entertain you, the fact that you have 5k+ posts yet only 12 rep and 30 thanks speaks wonders for your personality.

Prototype wrote: Oh trust me, there is a hell of a difference.

Without a doubt, but visually the two are very similar, i'm sure you would agree that without prior background knowledge of the programs, it isn't unreasonable to assume that toolbox is a modified version of techne based on its visual likeness.



Firstly the thanks/rep system is a relatively recent addition here. I wouldn't take it too seriously.



Secondly, I don't quite agree, it would be like saying 3DS Max is a modified version of Blender. But whatever, mistakes happen don't they?
The topic has been locked.
 
Latest Forum Posts
 
Latest Blog Posts
 
User Online
 
User Menu