× The place to waffle about non-minecraft stuff

Suggestion for a new forum?

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #17125 by Avalant
Hello, I've been off and on this website for, awhile I guess, and I noticed a lot of clinks and clunks of the set up. The forum seems to be very... raw I guess? I don't know, it just seems fairly unfinished and under-developed in its quality.

So! Is there a possibility for some sort of, migration to a better, cleaner, more organized set up? I've seen forums such as the KSP or Roleplayer Guild use very similar, more user friendly set ups than this one.

Now I'm not making some sort of personal demand, and nor am I saying this is a horrible format. I just feel that there could be things done to the website's design and ultimately its forums to make it much more clean cut and appealing. I will also say that I don't know the full story regarding those two example websites in what it actually took to use that format (i.e. payements, actual design, ect.) so its really not just limited to that, of course.

What do you guys think? Should there be a more user friendly design, or am I just nit picking and the place is perfect as it is? Really, I'm open to opinions.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #17126 by Stalin
This is the only forum I ever really got involved in, so I am not aware of any scale for forum user-friendliness.

Go to my website now! monorisu.enjin.com/home
It's a beautifully disgusting cesspool of free speech and tyranny.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #17127 by Mill2
Replied by Mill2 on topic Suggestion for a new forum?
[quote1380506316=Avalant]
Hello, I've been off and on this website for, awhile I guess, and I noticed a lot of clinks and clunks of the set up. The forum seems to be very... raw I guess? I don't know, it just seems fairly unfinished and under-developed in its quality.

So! Is there a possibility for some sort of, migration to a better, cleaner, more organized set up? I've seen forums such as the KSP or Roleplayer Guild use very similar, more user friendly set ups than this one.

Now I'm not making some sort of personal demand, and nor am I saying this is a horrible format. I just feel that there could be things done to the website's design and ultimately its forums to make it much more clean cut and appealing. I will also say that I don't know the full story regarding those two example websites in what it actually took to use that format (i.e. payements, actual design, ect.) so its really not just limited to that, of course.

What do you guys think? Should there be a more user friendly design, or am I just nit picking and the place is perfect as it is? Really, I'm open to opinions.
[/quote1380506316]
doesn't really mater to me. If you are smart, then you can figure it out
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #17123 by Avalant
Well, that's not what I'm really asking. I'm asking if my opinion on the matter is a valid one or if I'm being to picky about it.

As my psychology teacher once said:
You're not entitled to your opinion! Fuck that! You're entitled to what you can argue for and prove

Thus is my request and observations of the website valid?
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #17141 by Drkarter97
I'd say no for what the forum is meant to do it serves the purpose quite well. I think the lay out is very stream lined for those that want to just download packs and for those that want to contribute it's very easy to figure out and get accustomed too.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #17143 by TheOrion
many People Dont find the Download. But i guess theyre just blind.

MVP Ostwind

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu