More
8 years 6 months ago #9652 by StealthX117
Is this game on PC?
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 6 months ago #9654 by Avalant
Replied by Avalant on topic Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
[quote1366861099=Bandit]
Personally I think ACAH is a total shit. Completely ruined the ace combat franchise... I have been playing ace combat since electrosphere, including both psp games and AH is the worst of them all. The story is just bullshit. And the rail-shooter style dogfights are a stupid addition and ruin the multiplayer.
If you want a good ace combat game with multiplayer, get ace combat 6 or ace combat joint assault for the psp.
If you just want an awesome game get either AC5 os ACZero
[/quote1366861099]

First I must thank you for your comprehensive review of said game. It really shows how mature and thoughtful you are.

I love all of the Ace Combat games (with the exception of those "shitty" psp games), but I have notice that in ALL of the games, the plot was NOT a strong part of the game. Sure the basic setting and background information was somewhat unique and it was pretty badass to shoot down crazy war contraptions BUT the actual "guts" of the stories were frankly horrid. The dialogue was particularly bad in just about ALL of them, including Assault Horizon. What was big and new about AH was how it felt. The soundtrack was kickass like the rest of the series, and the Dog Fighting mode gave it simply a much more "fun" feel to it(Not to mention it was optional most of the time). This latest addition to the series is also by far the best looking in terms of both plane models and ground textures. While I will admit, the helicopter missions were annoying and hard as hell in the more difficult settings. though even those missions kind of grew on me as I got used to the awkward controls. It was one of few games I played were the footage in the trailers actually showed what game play was like and help fix a problem that has prevented games like this to fully reach there potential by stopping the whole trend of "shooting at pixels" since you are usually using long range missiles. There is a line to be drawn between "realism" and just plain "fun" when it comes to games like this. Also multiplayer was vastly expanded with all sorts of new missions both cooperative and competitive. You get to fly a fucking B2 Bomber (Or the B1 if you prefer)! In both the campaign and the multiplayer! That was a big shock to me, since normally games keep that kind of stuff in the campaign.

So no, it did not "ruin" an entire series of dogfighting games. It elevated it to a new level of fun and enjoyment. By the way, the story itself is not that bad compared to the one in...let's say... Ace Combat 6. I mean really, "Estovokians" who have russian accents and "Emerians" who have american accents? I call bullshit on the originality department on that one. Though it was pretty cool taking one the flying aircraft carrier.
More
8 years 6 months ago #6719 by Joco6571
Wow
More
8 years 6 months ago #9639 by MegaF-16
FSX, MUCH MORE REALISTIC!
More
8 years 6 months ago #9666 by Tbone11223
@stealth, yea it's for PC
More
8 years 5 months ago #9797 by Bandit
Replied by Bandit on topic Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
[quote1367012398=Avalant]

First I must thank you for your comprehensive review of said game. It really shows how mature and thoughtful you are.

I love all of the Ace Combat games (with the exception of those "shitty" psp games), but I have notice that in ALL of the games, the plot was NOT a strong part of the game. Sure the basic setting and background information was somewhat unique and it was pretty badass to shoot down crazy war contraptions BUT the actual "guts" of the stories were frankly horrid. The dialogue was particularly bad in just about ALL of them, including Assault Horizon. What was big and new about AH was how it felt. The soundtrack was kickass like the rest of the series, and the Dog Fighting mode gave it simply a much more "fun" feel to it(Not to mention it was optional most of the time). This latest addition to the series is also by far the best looking in terms of both plane models and ground textures. While I will admit, the helicopter missions were annoying and hard as hell in the more difficult settings. though even those missions kind of grew on me as I got used to the awkward controls. It was one of few games I played were the footage in the trailers actually showed what game play was like and help fix a problem that has prevented games like this to fully reach there potential by stopping the whole trend of "shooting at pixels" since you are usually using long range missiles. There is a line to be drawn between "realism" and just plain "fun" when it comes to games like this. Also multiplayer was vastly expanded with all sorts of new missions both cooperative and competitive. You get to fly a fucking B2 Bomber (Or the B1 if you prefer)! In both the campaign and the multiplayer! That was a big shock to me, since normally games keep that kind of stuff in the campaign.

So no, it did not "ruin" an entire series of dogfighting games. It elevated it to a new level of fun and enjoyment. By the way, the story itself is not that bad compared to the one in...let's say... Ace Combat 6. I mean really, "Estovokians" who have russian accents and "Emerians" who have american accents? I call bullshit on the originality department on that one. Though it was pretty cool taking one the flying aircraft carrier.
[/quote1367012398]

Thoughtful and mature. Sure, dude.
The plot was not a strong part? I doubt you have ever played an ace combat game.
Maybe ace combat 6's story wasn't the best, but at least the multiplayer wasn't f22 vs f22 vs f22 vs f22...
And yes, It ruined what ace combat ment for most of us. Epic dogfights with honorable ace squadrons, like in ace combat zero.

For what I have seen on your posts, you like to bash on other people too much.
In the future, I would like you to refrain from answering to me. Nothing personal

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Blog Posts

User Online

User Menu