Basically it is simple to update. The model file only needs few changes, most changes are to be made in the config file.
Some stuff you have now to keep in mind:
- All parts are now connected to a damage system
- If you destroy the hitbox, it will also destroy the part of the model in game
- If the hitbox is destroyed, it will also destroy all linked features e.g. guns, passenger seats.
- We now have a lot more elements to use on the models
- If the core element is destroyed, the whole model is destroyed.
Here a List of all parts and the connected hitbox:
Package co.uk.flansmods.client.model.manus_ww2; //New: A package folder path can be used
import co.uk.flansmods.client.model.ModelPlane; //New: Import the base class of the type
public class ModelHE111 extends ModelPlane
Using the function for the cosmetic stuff (Open Doors, Moving Wings etc.) is quiet simple. These parts act as switch. You have to build in fact 2 models, e.g. one model with open door and one model with door closed. The parts for the open door have to be put into tailDoorOpenModel and the parts of the closed door into tailDoorCloseModel. So the model file contains both parts.
One Parts is visible by default, the other part invisible. By pressing the key, this is switching. Visible becomes invisible and back, only one part is visible at the time.